2500 Sq Foot Fab Lab
13,000 Sq foot fabrication space for year round construction
Model site for Living Building Challenge technology development
Leading the transformation of an undeveloped parcel into a solution. The group in need of the solution develops as co-producers of the physical, social and financial solution.
- Residential housing units for a community of students and supporting adults
- Intensive integrated agricultural production
- Operational localized green infrastructure for Living Building Challenge (LBC) standard energy capture, water capture and use, “waste stream” processing and local nutrient recycling
- Community workshop incorporating a Fab Lab for digital fabrication
- Community center for common and collective use.
- Educational Center for 5-12 grades plus young adult workforce development
- Training Center for Digital Fabrication and Agroecology including full certification programs in conjunction with
- the Fab Academy and MIT Center for Bits and Atoms for Digital Fabrication, expanding the current full training center we currently operate
- Permaculture networks for Agroecology certification
- Community business incubation space integrated with the Digital Fabrication, Agroecology and high school internship programs
- Intensive agricultural production based on sustainable urban systems serving institutional and retail buyers.
- 10 LBC standard locally developed housing units establishing a small integrated “creative village” functioning in concert with the production and educational spaces
- All facilities will be LBC standard and will be evaluated for certification
- Infrastructure sized to provide support to surrounding community